Saturday, December 5, 2015

A new beginning

Writing. The word that lost its charm in my dictionary a long time ago. Years passed away in like it was yesterday, but someone special to me wanted me to write this down, and so am I. This is my mind, and I am being an open book with the people I want to.

The world brought to me the good and the bad. Virtue and vice. Many people saw greatness in me, many saw love and affection and many saw the support that they longed for the rest of their life. At the age of 23 today, it is a storm of thoughts and emotion that clouds my mind in the midnight in the city of Dallas. It is a miracle of God that I am here - the haven to technology. The place that I saw on TV for years just came alive to me. But even being here feels like I have lost a lot of things back there in India.

I was, am and will remain lazy, and that is what adds to my personality of devising creative solutions. But I miss my mom waking me up in the morning with shouts and a jug of water poured on me. I miss my dad shouting at me for not being responsible. I miss my my grandfather who has scolded me for some of the life decisions I ever took. I miss my uncle and aunt who loved me more than my parents. I miss my siblings with whom I fought. I miss my attic which always remained dirty and the sun never reached inside because I never wanted it too. But now I miss the sun too.

In a sudden event of travel around half a world in 24 hours, in the August of 2015 I reached Dallas, and enjoyed the first month to the fullest. But, as time passed, there were this little things I started missing as time passed. I started studying at a prestigious college, I fell in love with an old friend and I broke down twice. A guy who felt that he was not made for love had melted with the heat of the moment he was in. A shock wave of loneliness hit like a knockout punch and threw him down when he was supposed to stand firm against even a bullet the hard time would hit him with.

I have never been able to write, sing, dance, play music and express my love before. Why is it that all of a sudden all swept those bonds away? Why is a person not lonely when he is lonely? Why is he clouded with thoughts that melt and wash him away in tears when it is really not expected of him? Will I be able to achieve what I have come so far for? These are the questions I am to explore from this moment on.  C'est la vie, and it has proved that it is no joke.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent thoughts ! The real scientist. Mars Mission.

    ReplyDelete